Nav Menu

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Fidget Work

      The last few days I have had a cold that I just can't seem to kick. After driving a grand total of fourteen hours this weekend and running around like a maniac, being stuck on the couch feels weird to say the least. After hour three of bumming around, I finally scrounged up the effort to walk upstairs and grab some craft supplies. I didn't want to get into anything too in-depth or messy (considering that right now I can barely manage myself, let alone a puddle of glue, etc.) so I finally settled on making a pair of earrings. 
      The pair I made is simple and actually only took a few minutes, but I really like the way that they came out. The beads felt nice in my hands as I was working with them (the white ones are glass and the blue ones are stone), and the methodical bending and trimming of the wires was soothing. I felt like it made my whole day better, even though it only took a few minutes.

Do you have fidget work you do to relax? I love knitting, jewelry making, hand sewing, and am just starting to learn how to embroider (more on that later...)I'd love to hear about what you do to keep yourself busy when you're feeling under the weather!

4 comments:

  1. they're beautiful! i'm not into (and lost the ability to since gr. 8 home ec) actually make clothing, but i love the knitting and simple crafting as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alicia! You used to make your own clothing!?

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for following me! :)

    ReplyDelete