Nav Menu

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Bliss Spot


I spent this past week at my boyfriend's home in Bohemia, NY. Folded into the fast-paced environment of the microcosm that is Long Island, are a few real gems of simplicity and breathtaking beauty. This beach in Sayville, NY is one of my bliss spots: the place where all the bad thoughts go to melt, and the cream is allowed to rise to the top.
I had one of the most romantic nights of my life on the beach, sitting on top of the lifeguard chair with John, staring at the amber-colored half bitten moon. I had never felt so loved, so vibrant, or so at ease.
 Months later I had a painful experience there, when I stepped onto a rusty nail with my nerve damaged leg after Hurricane Sandy. As John ran to the car to pick me up, I sat on the guardrail and watched as little paper lanterns were lit and and released by little ones on the beach, and the pain was dulled during the waiting period. That place always finds a way to make me smile. It allows me to hit my reset button.

Do you have a "happy place" of your own? Where is it? How often do you get to go there?

P.S. Please excuse the quality of the picture. We only had our phones at the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment