Nav Menu

Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Wonder of The Lidded Teacup

Last Sunday I attended a "Mad Hatter Tea Party" at my friend Ella's house. Everyone came dressed up in their finest Sunday clothes, and we passed around some funky hats to try on. It was absolutely gorgeous out, and Ella and her wonderful mother set out an array of gluten-free goodies to accompany pots of chai and yerba mate. Like everything in their beautiful home, the dishes were an eclectic mix of vintage-wares, and included a set of lidded teacups. 

At first I noticed how nice it was to have my tea remain piping hot throughout the party. We chatted, played music, hula-hooped, and danced around in the yard, and every time I returned to my tea it was still steaming. It was only when I was sitting in the grass, burying my toe-knuckles(?) into the hard spring soil, teeming with ants, that I realized that the lids were serving another purpose: they kept out all the bugs! 

For as long as I can remember, my mom has always taken her tea out for her evening gardening. She would set the cup down on a rock or a fencepost, and would make sure to check it before each sip. Problem solved!

If you are looking to get your hands on one of these, I just put this great 1970's wild strawberry lidded teacup in the shop for only ten dollars! Tea tastes better without the crunch, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment